Skip to main content

Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups


I belong to a group on Facebook that shares what we are cooking for dinner.   Yesterday I posted that I took out thin sliced chicken breasts, but had no idea what I wanted to do with them, and Chicken Cordon Bleu was suggested.    Perfect!  I had ham and cheese left over from my sister's baby shower, so I did a quick Pinterest search for a rolled up version.   

My changes-  I accidentally omitted the seasoned crumbs due to a phone call while assembling the ingredients.    I used thinly sliced ham, and next time I'd definitely double it up or use the thick.   I used seedless Dijon mustard- my kid won't eat it if he spots the seeds.   Because I messed up the flour to crumb ratio- I sprayed the tops with a little cooking spray to make sure they browned up.

Everyone loved this one, and it will definitely be made again.  Thank you to Reeni for this great take on a classic recipe!


Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups


Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups
Author:

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon coarse or Dijon mustard
  • sea salt and fresh black pepper
  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (omitted by accident)
  • 1/2 cup panko crumbs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 chicken cutlets -- 1/4-inch thick
  • 4 slices deli ham (sliced on the thick side)
  • 4 slices deli Swiss cheese (sliced on the thick side)- used provolone

Instructions:

  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. I use cake pans for my breading stations. Set up the first one with the egg, mustard and milk. Whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper. In the second, combine the bread crumbs and flour.
  3. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on each side. Lay a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on each. Roll up from the short end and secure with toothpicks. Dip rolled chicken into the egg mixture, then into the crumb mixture, pressing on all sides so that the coating adheres.
  4. Bake 25 mins, testing to make sure the chicken is cooked through (I use a probe thermometer). Let chicken rest for about 5 minutes, and remove toothpicks. Slice or serve whole, as desired.
Source "http://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com/"
chicken, ham, cordon bleu
Main dishes
American
Created using The Recipes Generator


Comments

  1. One of my favorite meals! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Back in the day I used to bake from home for extra money.  This was one of the most popular items.  Cake mix sizes have changed and if you're using the 15.75 ounce ones bake them in 8" pans. If you want to use the 9" rounds, you can also use this cake mix upsizer to make up the difference between the old and new cake mix sizes.  If the layers are too thin, you'll never be able to flip and stack them without a mess. Be sure to keep track of which pan has the pineapple rings and cherries in it and which doesn't so that you can easily turn them out onto the plate in the right order.    Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained 1/2 stick butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 8 ounce can pineapple slices 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice 1 package yellow cake mix (15.75 ounces) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the