Skip to main content

Grilled Garden Pizza


I've only been grilling pizza for a few years, and I wish I'd discovered it sooner.   It's so simple, and anything that keeps me from having to turn on the oven and warm up the house during the summer is a winner in my book.


I made 4 individual sized pizzas so that people could customize their own. It comes together so fast, and you can really vary the veggies with anything you like.  I made it exactly as written this time, but this is a great "clean out the crisper drawer" meal.   Thank you to Terri R for sharing the recipe!

 

I hope you been enjoying the #FarmersMarketWeek recipes, I know I've been finding so many wonderful things to try from the other participants. Scroll down for links to their posts for today!

Grilled Garden Pizza

Grilled Garden Pizza
Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal

Ingredients

  • 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
  • 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 1/2 cup shredded parmesan or asiago cheese
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
  • 8oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

Instructions

  1. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt; set aside.
  2. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough in half. Roll or press each to 1/4-in. thickness; place each on a greased sheet of foil (about 10 in. square).
  3. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon oil. Carefully invert crusts onto grill rack, removing foil. Brush tops with remaining oil.
  4. Grill, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Remove from grill; reduce grill temperature to low.
  5. Top grilled sides of crusts with Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, corn, onion and mozzarella cheese.
  6. Grill, covered, on low heat 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
  7. Sprinkle with spinach and basil.
Yield: 6 servings.
Source:http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-garden-pizza
vegetables, grilled, pizza
Snacks, dinner, lunch,
American

#FarmersMarketWeek - A week of #FarmFresh recipes

#FarmersMarket Wednesday Recipes

Chicken and Summer Veggie Tostadas by The Redhead Baker 
Peach-Almond Mousse by Red Cottage Chronicles  
Fresh Applesauce by Palatable Pastime 
Fresh Raspberry Streusel Muffins by Family Around The Table
 Grilled Garden Pizza by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Mom's Zucchini Bread by Books n' Cooks 
Quick Pickles by Bear & Bug Eats  
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Carbonara by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures  
Roasted Eggplant with Tahini by Caroline's Cooking  
Spicy Summer Squash Refrigerator Pickles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla


Comments

  1. Yum! What a great recipe to try on a nice, summer night out on the deck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect way to enjoy summer veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never grilled pizza but really want to. This looks perfect for a summer pizza. Need to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never grilled pizza crust straight on the grate before, but that would be fun to try! This pizza looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing and just screams summer! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a light and refreshing meal. It would be perfect for girl's night in with a glass of wine (because my hubby requires meat, lol)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Back in the day I used to bake from home for extra money.  This was one of the most popular items.  Cake mix sizes have changed and if you're using the 15.75 ounce ones bake them in 8" pans. If you want to use the 9" rounds, you can also use this cake mix upsizer to make up the difference between the old and new cake mix sizes.  If the layers are too thin, you'll never be able to flip and stack them without a mess. Be sure to keep track of which pan has the pineapple rings and cherries in it and which doesn't so that you can easily turn them out onto the plate in the right order.    Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained 1/2 stick butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 8 ounce can pineapple slices 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice 1 package yellow cake mix (15.75 ounces) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the