Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs

(originally made 2/2011)

Tim is a bacon cheeseburger addict.   They know him by first name at the Burger King drive through.   I get tired of burgers on the grill, and this recipe that Salsa posted was a great twist on the flavors and I didn't have to stand outside in the heat and cook   :) 

The end result on these were a little dry, totally my fault.  I bought 90% lean burger, and though it crossed my mind to cut the breadcrumb back, in the end I didn't.    I probably should have pulled them a minute or two earlier.    The flavors are fantastic.  I used Heinz yellow mustard and Heinz ketchup.     Jake loves string cheese, we always have it in the house, so I cut those up.   I tossed all the meatball ingredients into a ziploc bag to mix, I hate mushing raw meat with my hands.    I used a cookie scoop, and next time I'll go down one size   :)     We ate them on sub rolls topped with more ketchup and a slice of bacon.  I would have loaded mine up with lettuce, tomato and onions if I had them on hand.    So good!    Thanks so much to Salsa for sharing the recipe!
   

                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  1 1/2            lb.  ground beef
  1                 c.  oats or bread crumbs -- used seasoned bread crumbs
  1                     egg
     1/3            c.  ketchup
  2                 T.  mustard
     1/2            t.  paprika -- garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pepper (omitted)
  4                oz.  cheddar cheese -- cut into small cubes (about 24)- used string cheese
     1/2           lb.  bacon -- diced, crisped and de-greased

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese and bacon.
Combine with hands.
2. Using about a golf-ball sized amount of meat mixture, press flat on a
plate or countertop. Place one cube of cheese and a bit of the bacon in the
center and roll meat into a ball around the cheese and bacon.
3. Place meatballs on a baking sheet and press any of the leftover bacon
into the top of each meatball.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until meat is fully cooked.
Serve with your favorite burger toppings for dipping, if desired.

NOTES : Salsa, TOH
http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/p/771602/6573673.aspx#6573673

 http://stolenmomentscooking.com/bacon-cheeseburger-meatballs/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins