Monday, September 23, 2013

Bacon Cheeseburger Roll Up

After chicken, ground beef is the most consumed meal in our house.   It's cheap, you can stretch it, and there are lots of ways to cook it.    We'd gotten into a rut of tacos/beef strog sandwiches/pasta bake, so I went looking through my to-try pile for something new.    This has got 3 of DH's favorite things (cheese, bread and bacon!), so I figured I'd have a winner on my hands.


And I was right!   Due to his unnatural aversion to anything veggie, I used minced dried onion instead of chopped regular.     I also subbed part skim mozzarella for the Velveeta because I forgot to buy it  (LOL).    I added a little bit of cracked black pepper before adding the cheese.   I was worried that the dough in the middle would not cook, but mine turned out perfectly.   I cut a corner and added the meat onto the dough too quickly and that made it difficult to roll and handle, so won't do that again.




Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Up

1 lb. lean ground beef
4 slices bacon, diced
1 small onion, chopped (used dried minced)
½ lb.(8 oz.) Velveeta Cheese, cit into ½” cubes (used part skim mozzarella)
1 pkg. (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cook ground beef, bacon and onion until browned, and then drain.
Return beef to skillet and add Velveeta. Stir over low heat until cheese is completely melted.
Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
Pat into 15x8 rectangle. Top evenly with meat mixture.
Roll up starting at one of the long sides.
Rearrange so that the seam is on the bottom.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Cut diagonally into slices to serve.

Meal size: Cut into 6 slices
Appetizer: Cut into 8-10 slices.

Serve with assorted condiments, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. I KNOW the fam will love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to satisfy that cheeseburger craving! :)

    ReplyDelete