Tim and I were watching Man Vs Food over the weekend and one of the featured items was deep fried tater tots that had been wrapped in bacon, then smothered with cheese. He asked if I could make them at home, and has been hounding me since.
All I had on hand were the mini tots, so mine cooked in closer to 2 mins. Let the tots sit until you can get a toothpick through them, or else you'll have a hard time getting the bacon to stay on the tot!
I had mine with the jalapeno slice, no cheese and dipped them in Sweet Baby Ray's Raspberry Chipotle BBQ sauce. So good!
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
- frozen tater tots- used the Oreida Mini Tots
- bacon ( each slice cut in 1/2)
- pickled jalapeno peppers
- cheddar cheese -- to sprinkle on top- used Mexican blend cheese
- barbecue sauce- optional
- vegetable oil for frying
- Wrap tot and jalapeno with 1/2 slice of bacon and secure together with toothpick.
- Fry at 375 degrees for about 2 minutes or until crispy and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve with barbecue sauce if desired.
bacon, tater tots, Man Vs. Food
Appetizers, snacks, Game day food, Football food
Created using The Recipes Generator