Saturday, September 21, 2013

Banana Coconut Crumb Cake Muffins

(originally made 10/2007)

Morning everyone! I rec'd the "Flavors of Fall" book from my friend Debbie.   We both planned on making the Banana Coconut Crumb Cake on the same day, and neither of us had an 8" square pan. She decided to do it up as muffins, and I followed her lead :)

The recipe makes 9 nice muffins, next time I will double it because they're disappearing awful fast!



Banana Coconut Crumb Cake Muffins

1 1/4c flour
1/3c sugar
1/3c brown sugar
1/4t allspice (I used Penzey's Baking spice)
1/8t salt
1/4c margarine (I used butter)
3/4t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
1/2c banana, mashed
3T milk
1 egg
1/4c flaked coconut
1t water (I used 1/2t water, 1/2t coconut extract)

Combine flour, sugars, allspice and salt in large mixing bowl, cut in margarine (I hate to cut in butter, so I put the 1st 6 ingred in the food processor and pulsed it.) Reserve 1/2c mixture, combine remaining flour mixture, bp and salt. Add banana, milk and egg, blend well. Spoon into greased 8x8 pan, set aside (I used cookie scoop to divide between 9 sprayed muffin tins).

Mix reserved flour mixture, coconut and water together, sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 for 30 mins, cool on wire rack. Serves 8.

For muffins, I baked at 350 for 16 to 18 mins. Depending on your oven, you may want to start checking them at 16mins.

Source: Gooseberry Patch, Flavors of Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment