Berry Best Smoothies~ summer in a glass!

(Originally made 7/9/2008)
Last year we bought a fancy schmancy blender (BlendTec) all excited about making healthy smoothies, juice etc.   It's mainly been put to use making milkshakes and mixed drinks, but I've been hoarding a lot of smoothie/slushie recipes so I've started giving them a try with all the nice in season fruit we've been getting.    My raspberries were real tart, so I added a heaping tablespoon of raw sugar to the blender with the fruits.   I also used fat -free skim instead of the half n half, but next time I'd use some light yogurt.


This is my first picture with my new camera and glass, so bear with me   :)



 Berry Best Smoothies

Recipe By     :   Light & Tasty

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  3        tablespoons  orange juice concentrate
  3        tablespoons  fat-free half-and-half (used fat free milk)
  12                    ice cubes
  1                cup  fresh strawberries -- hulled
  1             medium  ripe banana -- cut into chunks
     1/2           cup  fresh or frozen blueberries (used fresh)
     1/2           cup  fresh or frozen raspberries (used fresh plus 1T raw sugar)

In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30-45 seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.

Nutrition Facts
One serving: 1 cup Calories: 108 Fat: 1 g Saturated Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 14 mg Carbohydrate: 26 g Fiber: 4 g Protein: 2 g

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins