Sunday, September 29, 2013

Berry Cherry Jam ~ no pectin recipe

(originally made 6/2011)

After I finished making Janra's awesome Strawberry Pineapple Jam, I still had lots of berries leftover plus a nice container of cherries.   I had seen this recipe via FoodGawker, but was nervous about it because it didn't use pectin.     I figured worst case scenario, it would make delicious syrup over ice cream or waffles.   :)   

While it is a looser jam, it still is plenty thick enough to enjoy on toast or english muffins.   I had other berry varieties frozen, but decided to just go with strawberries and cherries.   Next time I'll add some blueberries too  :)   
You can find the recipe here
http://www.inerikaskitchen.com/2011/06/berry-cherry-jam-for-fathers-day.html

and here is how we enjoyed it this morning  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment