Black Pepper and Molasses Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

(originally made 6/2010)

When I told Tim I was making pulled chicken for lunch he asked, which sauce are you using?  Normally when I make pulled pork, I open up a bottle, chuck it in a crockpot with a roast and then walk away for 8 to 10 hours.    I told him it would be from scratch and then threw him out of the kitchen before he started nitpicking all the ingredients.  

This recipe goes together quick and the only change I made was to use boneless breast chicken and I had twice the quantity the recipe called for so I doubled the sauce as well.    While I was very happy with how quick this goes together, I also would definitely make it in the crockpot as well.   
No fancy set up for this one.   I wanted to eat while it was hot, so I plopped it on a plate, and stuck it on the desk and took the picture   :)

Enjoy!

                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

Black Pepper and Molasses Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  3        tablespoons  ketchup
  1         tablespoon  cider vinegar
  1         tablespoon  prepared mustard
  1         tablespoon  molasses
     3/4      teaspoon  chili powder
     1/2      teaspoon  ground cumin
     1/4      teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
     1/8      teaspoon  ground ginger
  12            ounces  skinless -- boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
  4                     sandwich rolls -- (2-ounce) cut in half horizontally
  12                    dill pickle chips

1. Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 23 minutes or until chicken is done and tender. Remove from heat; shred with 2 forks to measure 2 cups meat. Place 1/2 cup chicken on bottom half of each roll. Top each with 3 pickles and top half of roll.

Yield:  4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)

CALORIES 294 ; FAT 6.5g (sat 1.5g,mono 2.6g,poly 1.4g); CHOLESTEROL 71mg; CALCIUM 105mg; CARBOHYDRATE 35.6g; SODIUM 698mg; PROTEIN 22g; FIBER 1.8g; IRON 3.1mg
Cooking Light, NOVEMBER 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins