Blueberry Tortilla Pizza- Dessert or dinner, it's a winner

(originally made 6/26/2008)
Been going through my berry recipes with the seasons coming up and ran across this one.    I only had a scant 1/4 cup of blueberries, but I did have some nice strawberries we picked earlier in the week.    The tortilla base is similar to an idea that was posted by Carol1229 in a thread of strawberry recipes earlier this week, and it's something I definitely will be doing again!    I didn't mix my berries together, I just laid them out in a pretty pattern on top of the cheese mixture.      Since it's just Jake and I for dinner, this was a fun different thing for us to have  :)



Blueberry Tortilla Pizza

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/2  cup  Ricotta cheese
                        OR
     1/2  cup  whipped cream cheese (used 2oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
1         tablespoon  confectioners sugar
  1               pint  fresh blueberries
     1/2           cup  sliced strawberries
  1              large  (10-inch) flour tortilla
  1         tablespoon  butter -- melted ( I used 1t)
  2          teaspoons  cinnamon sugar  (I only used about 1t)
     1/4           cup  toasted shredded coconut* -- divided  (I didn't toast it)

Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, combine Ricotta cheese and confectioners sugar; set aside. In another small bowl, combine blueberries and strawberries. Arrange tortilla on a broiler pan; brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Broil about 6 inches from heat source, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Cool slightly. Spread Ricotta mixture on the tortilla; top with blueberry mixture and then sprinkle with coconut.

Source:
  "The North American Blueberry Council, no photo"
S(Internet address):
  "www.blueberry.org"

NOTES : *To toast coconut, place in a skillet over moderate heat until pale gold, stirring constantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins