Monday, September 30, 2013

Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells

(originally made 11/2012)

Weather has turned chilly, comfort food is on my mind.   Tim and I love stuffed shells, but usually I make them with sausage and Jake can be persnickety about it.   Salsa shared the link to this one a while back, and I loved the idea of making them with chicken.

I used Penzey's Italian Seasoning in place of the parsley, garlic powder and oregano.    And I never measure  cheese, just eyeball it.   I had no cooked leftover chicken on hand, so I put some olive oil in a skillet, added some thin cut chicken breast and when they were cooked through I tossed them into the KA and let it do the shredding.   I added in the cheese mixture and when it was throughly blended I used a cookie scoop to fill the shells quickly.

I never cook my lasagna noodles, just add 1c of water and bake for longer, and I'll definitely be giving that method a try with this recipe too!   These were a huge hit here, and definitely will be going into the menu rotation.    Thank you so much Salsa and be sure to go check out the blog for more good stuff!



 Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  1 1/2           cups  ricotta cheese
  1                     egg
     1/2          tsp.  parsley
     1/4          tsp.  garlic powder
     1/8          tsp.  oregano
     1/8          tsp.  pepper
     3/4           cup  grated Parmesan cheese
  2               cups  shredded Mozzarella cheese -- divided
  2               cups  cooked -- shredded chicken
  16                    jumbo pasta shells -- cooked and drained
  2               cups  spaghetti sauce -- (2 to 3)

1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper; mix well. Stir in Parmesan cheese, 1-1/4 cups Mozzarella cheese and chicken.

2. Preheat oven to 350º.

3. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of an 9x13-inch baking dish. Evenly fill shells with chicken mixture and place in dish. Pour remaining sauce over shells; sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese.

4. Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Yield: 4-6 servings.

Source:
  "http://ginasitaliankitchen.blogspot.com/2010/07/chicken-parmesan-filled-shells.html"

No comments:

Post a Comment