Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

(originally made 7/2010)

Jake and I picked up zucchini at the farm last week and I knew I wanted to make something sweet with it.    He has always been a veggie-phobe, so if I introduce it to him in a positive way on the first try, he's much more likely to try it other ways.    I was going to make zucchini bread, and I realllly wanted something chocolate.    Salsa posted these and I tracked them back to the Mixing Bowl website after getting a LOT more yield than the recipe stated.  

Minor changes, switched out regular chips for the minis, it was what I had and they made the texture nice.    Omitted the nuts due to allergies.   Grated the zucchini on the smallest holes of my grater (and could whoever stole the thingamajig that holds my shredding blades in my food processor bowl please give it back? LOL).   


I'm pretty sure they only called these muffins and not cupcakes so that you can eat them for breakfast and not feel guilty  LOL    They are chocolate-y and yummy and I'm going to have to freeze a dozen right now so I stay out of them!    Thanks so much Salsa !


                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                        Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

 3               cups  flour
  1 1/2             t.  baking powder
  1                 t.  baking soda
  1                 t.  salt
  3               cups  sugar
  1 1/2           cups  vegetable oil
  4                     eggs
  3                oz.  unsweetened baking chocolate -- melted
  3               cups  grated zucchini -- about 3 zucchini
  1                cup  walnuts -- chopped (omitted)
  1                cup  chocolate chips -- 6 oz- used mini chips
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Mix sugar, oil and eggs in mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until mixed. Reduce the speed to low and add flour mixture, beating constantly just until moistened. Add chocolate and mix well. Fold in zucchini, walnuts and chocolate chips. Spoon batter into twelve greased muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.   **Makes 1 dozen muffins.

**  I filled my cups to the top and got 2 dozen giant muffins and that was without walnuts

NOTES : http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?ReplyToPostID=6577935&Quote=False

http://www.mixingbowl.com/content/GirlGetTogethers/recipe/10264166/Chocolate-Zucchini-Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment