Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chunky Cherry Tomatoes with Basil

(originally made 7/17/2008)
I got tired of waiting for my sweet 100 plants to produce enough tomatoes to make this dish, so I bought a nice container of grape tomatoes at the supermarket   :)     Mine sat a lot longer than the recipe called for, my menus got juggled and then I forgot to bring them with me when I ate away from home yesterday.     I don't buy fresh basil often, but between this and the Tomato Basil Snackers I made earlier in the week, it's definitely inspired me to pick up a basil plant!    No big changes to this one, except I scaled it back to about 1/3rd of the original recipe, and I used jarred minced garlic.     :)   It would be great tossed with pasta, or chopped even finer and used with some toasted garlic rubbed bread, bruschetta style   :)



Chunky Cherry Tomatoes with Basil

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  3               cups  quartered cherry tomatoes
  1                cup  loosely packed -- thinly sliced fresh basil
  1         tablespoon  extravirgin olive oil
  1         tablespoon  red wine vinegar
  1         tablespoon  balsamic vinegar
     1/2      teaspoon  salt
     1/4      teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
  1              large  garlic clove -- minced

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand 1 hour. Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)

Cooking Light
November 2005

NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 20(59% from fat); FAT 1.3g (sat 0.2g,mono 0.9g,poly 0.2g); PROTEIN 0.4g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 9mg; SODIUM 101mg; FIBER 0.6g; IRON 0.3mg; CARBOHYDRATE 2.3g



No comments:

Post a Comment