Sunday, September 15, 2013

Cinnamon Apple Crisps

(originally made 1/2011)

A few weeks ago we went to the orchard and they'd pulled some apples from the cold storage.   They were crisp and sweet the first week, but when the skin got a little softer Jake didn't want to eat any more.   I thought about making them into a crisp or pie, but I've been dieting since the new year so I went to the recipe file for an alternative.     This was simple and delicious and I couldn't keep Jake out of them!    The house filled with that same "apple pie" smell without all the calories  :)     Mine were done in about 90 mins.


The recipe stated not to use wax paper, but I also add- don't use foil- unless you give it a light spray with nonstick spray.   I was lazy and didn't want to dig for my parchment, didn't spray and I had to peel the slices off the foil and a lot broke.   they still tasted good though  :) 
                     



                          Cinnamon Apple Crisps

Recipe By     : Weight Watchers Handout
Serving Size  : 4 


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  2              small  apples -- Red Delicious or Gala, sliced paper-thin
  1               Tbsp  sugar
     1/2           tsp  ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 200°F.


Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (not wax paper). Place apple slices in a single layer on paper; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.


Bake until lightly browned, about 2 hours. Cool on wire rack and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment