Corn Salad

(originally made 8/2013)

Corn was not amazing here this year.   When it's amazing, I never feel the need to do much to it but boil it up, swipe it with some butter and maybe some fresh cracked black pepper.    Since I had some ears I needed to use up tonight, I decided to give this corn salad recipe from the MotherThyme blog a try.    Tim does not like anything even remotely vinegar-y, so I knew this was out for both him and Jake (who is an avid red onion hater).   So I cooked the corn in the butter, then removed half of it to another bowl with the remaining ingredients.    I used dried basil, because I never ever remember to buy the fresh.


This took blah corn and made it great.    I'm sure it will be even better as leftovers tomorrow.   The method of cooking the kernels in the butter is definitely one I'll be using again!     Huge thanks to Jennifer at MotherThyme for the recipe, be sure to go by and check out the other great stuff on her blog   :)




 * Exported from MasterCook *

                            
    Corn Salad


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  4               cups  fresh cooked corn removed from ear or frozen corn thawed- I used about 6 fresh ears
  4        tablespoons  butter
  1                cup  red onion -- chopped (used 1/2c)
  4        tablespoons  apple cider vinegar (used 2T)
  3        tablespoons  extra virgin olive oil (used 1.5T)
  1         tablespoon  fresh basil -- chopped-- used dried (about 1t)
                        Salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter over med high heat in a dutch oven or skillet.    Cook corn about 10 mins, stirring.    I turned mine to low and then placed a lid on it to keep it warm.   Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well. 

Source:
  "http://www.motherthyme.com/2011/07/corn-salad.html"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins