Finally, some cool, fall-like weather here in NH. We got a 1/2 bushel of Honeycrisp apples last weekend, and a few days of 85+ degree heat was starting to take the toll.
Crisp is about one of the easiest, most delicious apple desserts to make, and this one is no exception! We like ours with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Easy Apple Crisp
- 9 large apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, plus additional for greasing the pan
- 1 1/4c brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4c quick oats
- 3/4c flour
- 1t cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350º. Butter a 13x9 pan. Combine brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon in the food processor, give it a few pulses. Cube up the butter, and add to the food processor, pulsing to distribute well.
- Sprinkle over the apples. Bake 55 to 75 minutes, or until your apples are soft. This largely depends on how thick you sliced them, so test with a cake tester to see what kind of resistance you get.
Created using The Recipes Generator