Absolutely gorgeous here yesterday, sunny and warm. Tim's started his new job this week, which means eating a main meal at 5pm instead of our usual midday one. I had peaches and a bunch of other veggies from the farm, and salsa & chips sounded like a perfect light lunch.
I used both yellow and red tomatoes, plus the ground husk cherry tomatoes we found on friday. I'd never heard of them, but Jake (a devoted tomato hater) loved them so we brought home a container. You peel the outside like a tomatillo and they taste like a cross between tomato and mango.
I used both red bell pepper and baby purple peppers. My mango was frozen, so I let it partially defrost and then cut it up. Since I'm in the segment of the population that thinks cilantro tastes like soap, I used fresh basil instead.
The only thing I'm missing is the jalapeno- I used the last of mine making tomato jam yesterday, and I think it needs it. Will definitely be picking some up and adding it to the mixture later, but for now, I'm happy with the result !
Fresh Peach Mango Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes -- (used red & yellow)
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango -- (used frozen, partially defrosted and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper -- (will have to add later)
- 3 garlic cloves -- minced (used jarred)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro -- (used basil, do not like cilantro)
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
salsa, fruit, vegetables
Created using The Recipes Generator