Herbed Beef Burgers

(originally made 3/2006)

Last week I had gone through all my old issues marking recipes to try, and this is one of them :)

I really liked it, very moist burger, with lots of flavor. Tim is a hamburger purist and said he'll take his "normal" next time. LOL. He's not real fond of meatloaf either.

Too cold here to grill, so I did these inside on a grill pan. Can't wait to try them the other way.


(second review  10/31/2008)
Been a crazy week around here, and I realized at the last minute that the Ground Beef potpie I'd planned for lunch wasn't going to work because we'd eaten the corn earlier in the week.   A quick flip through my T&T binder and I saw these burgers.    Jake is a tough sell on ground beef, but is a big fan of parm cheese, so I thought I'd give these a try.    I wanted to make them more of a meatloaf consistency, so I added an egg to the mixture and made it into more oval shaped patties.   I got 6 nice sized patties out of the mixture.     Way too cold to grill, so I pan fried them.    Rachel Ray has a similar recipe which DH loves, and this one was a big hit also.     I served them with some mashed potatoes that I added light sour cream, a little butter, and parm cheese.

They may look like just an ordinary burger, but they are so moist and good and even Jake ate without the usual "I don't like hamburger complaints"!



 * Exported from MasterCook *

                           Herbed Beef Burgers

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  2                     whole wheat bread -- (1oz slices)
  1                 lb  lean ground beef (7% or less fat)
     1/3             c  minced flat leaf parsley (used dried)
  2                  T  fresh grated parmesan cheese
  3                     garlic cloves minced
  1                  t  basil
     1/2             t  finely ground pepper
     1/4             t  salt
  4                     hard rolls -- (1oz) split (didn't use this time around)
1  egg (Added to make a more "meatloaf" consistency)

Spray grill rack with nonstick spray, heat to medium. Place bread in blender or food processor, pulse to a fine crumb. Combine beef, bread crumbs, parsley, cheese, garlic, basil, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Shape mixture into 4 equal patties. Grill patties to desired doneness, medium will test 160 degrees on a meat thermometer (about 5 mins per side). Serve on rolls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins