Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Herbed Cream Cheese Bell Pepper Boats

(originally made 7/2013)

School for Tim and Jake stayed the night at the inlaws, so I was free to make whatever my little heart desired for dinner  :)    I 'like' Chocolate Moosey on Facebook, and snagged this one right away when she posted it.  

Super simple, super delicious.   All the herbs I used are dried, and I cut back on the amount of the cilantro at the end because I'm trying to overcome my hatred of it   LOL



 * Exported from MasterCook *

              Herbed Cream Cheese Grilled Bell Pepper Boats



  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  8             ounces  cream cheese -- softened (mine wasn't, I nuked it because I'm impatient)
  1                     garlic clove -- minced (used jarred)
  2               Tbsp  chopped fresh basil (used dried)
  1               Tbsp  chopped fresh chives (used dried)
  2              large  red -- yellow, or orange bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and quarterly into “boats”
                        Olive oil for brushing and drizzling
     1/2           cup  chopped tomatoes
     1/4           cup  chopped fresh cilantro (used dried)

Heat grill to med-high.  Beat the cream cheese until smooth.  Add garlic, basil, and chives.   Brush the skin side of each pepper boat with olive oil.  Fill peppers with cream cheese mixture.     Grill for 5 minutes, covered or until the bottoms are blackened and the cheese is melted.   Sprinkle each one with the tomatoes, cilantro, and drizzle with olive oil.

Source:
  "http://www.chocolatemoosey.com/2012/08/23/herbed-cream-cheese-grilled-bell-pepper-boats/"

No comments:

Post a Comment