Jalapeno Lime Potato Chips

(originally made 3/2011)

We've had a few lovely days this week here in New Hampshire, and yesterday I was able to grill for the first time this season.    I've been pushing this recipe around the to-try pile for a few weeks, but while the burgers were doing their thing was the perfect time to throw it together.   

What I didn't count on was the wind-  I had to keep checking the grill to make sure it hadn't gone out and as a result, I didn't read the directions as thoroughly as I should have.   The end result was great though.


I only had Lay's regular chips, next time I would definitely use the wavy/ridged ones because it would "hold" more of the mixture.    I added all the juice and zest to the skillet, forgetting to reserve some for the end.    I cut the cumin back because I find it to be very strong.   

I got this from the Life's Ambrosia site, so much wonderful stuff there, follow the link at the end of the recipe to check it out   :)


                      
* Exported from MasterCook *

                      Jalapeno and Lime potato chips

Serving Size  : 4  

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  2        tablespoons  olive oil
  3             cloves  garlic -- minced
  1                     jalapeno -- minced
     1/2      teaspoon  cumin -- used 1/8t
  1           teaspoon  lime juice
  8             ounces  potato chips
     1/2      teaspoon  lime zest
                        chopped cilantro (optional) -- omitted

   1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in garlic, jalapenos, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon lime juice. Cook about 1 minute or until jalapeno is slightly softened and garlic is fragrant.
   2. Place potato chips in a large bowl, pour jalapeno mixture over the top. Toss to coat the potato chips. Drizzle with remaining lime juice. Sprinkle with lime zest and chopped cilantro if desired. Serve.


Source:

http://www.lifesambrosia.com/2011/02/jalapeno-lime-potato-chips-recipe.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins