Monday, September 30, 2013

Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese

(originally made 5/2011)

A little while back Jill posted a recipe for a jalapeno popper grilled cheese that looked out of this world.   Today was rainy & miserable and I thought it would be a good time to take a run at it.    Thought I'd copied it into MasterCook, but I hadn't and with the search down and Tim whining about being starving, I grabbed one from my Foodgawker file instead. 


The version I made came from the Spabettie blog,
http://spabettie.com/2011/04/08/jalapeno-popper-sandwich-2/
and it was awesome!   The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been a thin layer of the raspberry-habanero dipping sauce that Pizza Hut used to give out with their poppers.   



 One side of the bread was spread with warmed cream cheese, the other covered with shredded cheddar and then a layer of sliced fresh jalapeno down the middle.     I made the sandwiches in my ridged grill pan and used a weight to press them so they browned nicely and cooked through quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment