Kielbasa and Purple Potatoes

(made 9/24/2013)

Crazy day here today and I wasn't sure how long I'd have to get dinner on the table.   I saw this recipe on Pinterest, and thought it would be a great way to use up some purple potatoes I got at the farm.     I parboiled the chopped potatoes to give them a headstart.   Neither of my guys will eat onion if it's obvious, so I subbed dried minced onion.     My version isn't a pretty dish, but it was fairly fast and filling.      Thank you so much to Robin at MomFoodie for the recipe, go check out her picture, waaay more appealing than mine!




Kielbasa and Purple Potatoes

14-16 oz. kielbasa (used links, cut into coins)
4-5 potatoes (used purple potatoes)
1 Vidalia onion (used minced dried onion)
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp minced garlic
⅓ tsp. Kosher salt
¼ tsp. oregano

Parboil potatoes.  Brown kielbasa in large skillet over med-high heat.   Remove and set aside.   Add potatoes to pan to brown in kielbasa grease.   Sprinkle with minced onion, paprika, minced garlic, salt and oregano.    When potatoes are cooked through and crisp, add kielbasa back to the skillet to warm it through.

Source: http://blommi.com/homefried-kielbasa-and-potatoes-recipe/?_szp=362227&_szp=432994

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins