Lemon Garlic Green beans

(originally made 2/2010)

Saturday is date day at the Martinelli house  :)   I had planned on trying a new recipe (Lemon Ginger Fried chicken) but after zesting the lemon I realized that I hadn't read the recipe well enough and it needed time to marinate/rest before cooking.   Instead I prepped the chicken with one of my favorite Penzey's seasonings (Northwoods) and came to the computer to look for an alternate use for my lemon zest.    This recipe of Carol's fit the bill nicely   :)


Green beans is one of the few veggies I can get Tim to eat.  He does not like hot things though, so I held the crushed red pepper flakes til the end and just added them to my portion.   I also cheated and used the Bird's Eye steam in bag Green beans.

Can't thank Carol enough for this recipe!   It's simple and delicious and will be even better with fresh beans from the farm this summer   :)



 * Exported from MasterCook *

                         LEMON GARLIC GREEN BEANS

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
                       
  2                lb.  fresh green beans
                        Zest of 1 lemon (1 Tbsp.)
  1              Tbsp.  olive oil
  3              Tbsp.  butter
  2             cloves  garlic -- minced
     1/2          tsp.  crushed red pepper -- (1/2 to 1)
                        Salt and pepper to taste
Blanch green beans in salted water until bright green and tender crisp, about 2 minutes (I steam them). Shock in ice water to stop the cooking process.

Heat a large skillet; add olive oil and butter and stir until butter melts. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beans; saute until coated in butter and heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.

NOTES : http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/t/752394.aspx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins