Lemon Honey Turkey & Garden Green Beans with Caramelized Brown Sugar Bacon

(originally made 7/2011)

Turkey in the summer? Sure!  I had planned on doing these on the grill, but some unexpected rain changed my plans to cooking them inside.    I poured the entire mixture over the turkey and put them in a 400ยบ oven to bake for 25 mins.   I basted them halfway through.    I turned the oven down to 350 for about 5 or 7 mins to finish them, they were very thick through the center and I wanted to make sure they were cooked through.    The mixture cooked down to a beautiful glaze, which I spooned over the turkey.    When I stored the leftovers, I sliced it up and then poured the remaining glaze over the top.    So good!

I served it with Garden Green beans with Caramelized Brown Sugar Bacon that I found on http://www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com/?p=2387  via Foodgawker.   I omitted the almonds due to allergies.     Definitely one of my favorite green bean recipes EVER.       Lots of great stuff on her blog too, be sure to take a peek around!


 Lemon Honey Turkey

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/3           cup  honey
     1/4           cup  lemon juice
  2          teaspoons  dried rosemary -- crushed
     1/4      teaspoon  crushed red pepper flakes
  2                     turkey breast tenderloins (12 ounces each)
  1           teaspoon  cornstarch- omitted
  1           teaspoon  water- omitted
     1/8      teaspoon  browning sauce -- optional- omitted

In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Place tenderloins in an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Brush with half the sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Remove turkey to a plate and keep warm.

    Transfer drippings to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve sauce over turkey. Yield: 6 servings.

S(Internet Address):
  "http://recipes.tasteofhome.com/eRMS/recp.aspx?recid=22286"


NOTES : Nutritional Analysis: One serving (3 ounces cooked turkey with 4 teaspoons sauce) equals 196 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins