These were on the menu for Superbowl, but I ended up having so much other food I scrapped them. Jake and I threw them together last night and we really enjoyed them. I only did a few hot dogs worth, and the rest as plain muffins. Big hit with Jake, he ate half a dozen. I had mine with some specialty mustard I ordered from Stonewall kitchen, and would have liked them with a spicy ketchup too. I found the recipe on the Iowagirleats blog via Foodgawker :)
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 all-beef hot dogs -- cut into 1' bites (8 to 10)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk to incorporate. Add buttermilk and whisk to incorporate.
2. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine. Whisk into wet ingredients in two batches.
3. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 Tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
4. Bake for 8-12 minutes (oven temperatures vary), or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and re-heat for 20-30 seconds before serving.
hot dogs, corn dogs
Snacks, Appetizers, Kid Friendly, Game day food
Created using The Recipes Generator