Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mozzarella Tomato Bruschetta

(originally made 9/2012)

During football season, I normally plan out fun dinners for the Sunday games.     Unfortunately, we were a man down yesterday, Jake wasn't feeling well, so I just cobbled together a bunch of things for everyone.   I had two really nice tomatoes left, so I decided to make a bruschetta.     I'd seen this one on The Comfort of Cooking page on FB a few weeks ago.    I liked how it put flavor on the bread and let the tomatoes be.  

I had some Italian bread I'd sliced in 1/2" pieces, so I laid that out on the sheets and brushed it with the oil mixture.    I used jarred minced garlic.    I didn't have fresh basil, so I used Penzey's dried.   Next time I'd let the bread go on one side for about a minute, flip it, top it and then finish it up.  




Simple, delicious and a meal I'm sure to miss now that fall is bearing down on us and 'good' tomatoes will be nothing but a memory til next summer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment