No Dough Blackberry Nectarine Cobbler

(originally made 8/19/2008)

Ever have one of those days that you shouldn't get near the kitchen?  I should have known this morning when I poured most of Jake's milk on the floor instead of into his cereal bowl that I shouldn't try baking today!    But this recipe was calling to me, and I had 4 luscious nectarines and a few cups of wild blackberries that were begging to be used!      


Jake was underfoot while I was measuring, and looking back I realize that I've used 2 TABLESPOONS of baking powder, not TEASPOONS.     With 20 mins left to go, I shoved a cookie sheet under it to catch the spillage, and I have no idea how it will turn out in the end.   
:(    All that lovely fruit, I hate to see it go to waste!

Finished Cobbler turned out not so pretty, but tasted great!



 * Exported from MasterCook *

                     No Dough Blueberry-Peach Cobbler

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/2           cup  butter or margarine -- (used 3T)
  1                cup  flour
     3/4           cup  sugar -- (used 1/2c)
  2                tsp  baking powder (cook's error, used 2 T!)
     1/2           cup  milk
  1                tsp  vanilla
  2               cups  each sliced peaches and blueberries -- (used nectarines and blackberries)
     1/2           cup  sugar -- (used a few tablespoons)

Oven set at 350~  Melt the butter in a 2-1/2 Qt baking dish ( I used a deep pie dish).  Combine first 5 ingredients and spoon over the melted butter~  Do  Not  Stir~  Combine the fruits and sugar Do Not Stir and sprinkle over the mounds of batter.  Bake for about 45-55 minutes~

Source- Tink_OH, TOH  "Creeping Crust Cobbler"
http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/197769/199120.aspx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins