Open Faced Banana Cinnamon Toasts

(originally made 9/9/2008)
When I was pregnant with Jake, I was stuck on bedrest for what felt like forever, during the hottest weeks of summer, and DH worked nights so I was on my own for dinner.   I lived on toast that I topped with sliced banana then drizzled with honey.    This takes that concept to a whole new level of good!    


I had to make some changes, I only had regular bread, and I scaled it back to 2 servings.   For the sake of equality in taste testing (LOL), I used the grated chocolate on one, and sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on the other.      Since I didn't have the cinnamon in the toast, I added a little to the cream cheese mixture.    Absolutely delicious, thank you Rosie!



 Open Faced Banana Cinnamon Toasts

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  2        tablespoons  honey
  1         tablespoon  orange juice
     1/4      teaspoon  freshly grated orange zest
  1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
  1                cup  cream cheese -- room temperature
  8             slices  cinnamon raisin bread (used regular and added cinnamon to cream cheese)
  2              large  bananas
  3        tablespoons  chopped peanuts or other nuts -- optional (omitted)
     1/2      teaspoon  ground chocolate -- optional

Stir the honey, orange juice and zest, and vanilla into the cream cheese until smooth.   Toast the bread slices. Peel and slice or dice the bananas. Spread a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on each toast, lay the banana slices on top, and sprinkle with some nuts and chocolate, if desired. Serve. Save extra cream cheese for spreading on bagels or more toasts.

Nutrition Information 
Nutritional Analysis per serving Calories 239
Fat 13 grams Saturated Fat 8 grams
Carbohydrates 28 grams Fiber 1 gram

Source: Rosie, TOH
 http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/667177/5651888.aspx

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/open-faced-banana-cinnamon-toasts-recipe/index.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins