Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pineapple Cilantro couscous~ great light side dish



(originally made 5/2011)
Doing my normal run through on FoodGawker this morning I came across a picture of Pineapple Cilantro Quinoa from the SingforYourSupper blog.
http://www.singforyoursupperblog.com/2011/04/27/pineapple-cilantro-quinoa/

Fresh pineapple was on sale and I got 2 and I thought it would be nice to use some in this.   No Quinoa on hand, but I did have some plain Near East Couscous.    I cooked it according to the box directions, using chicken broth, a bit of butter and a tiny bit of salt.    I'm still working on developing a taste for cilantro, so I used a tiny bit of dried.   This was light and refreshing and would be great with chicken or as a side dish to just about anything.   Next time I may add some diced jalapeno, I think the heat would be great in it.
                     


                        Pineapple-Cilantro Quinoa


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  1                cup  quinoa -- thoroughly rinsed (used 1c couscous)
  2               cups  chicken broth (used 1c chicken broth, small pat butter)
  1                cup  fresh pineapple -- diced
     1/4           cup  fresh cilantro -- chopped
                        salt

Bring the chicken broth and quinoa to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20-30 minutes, until the quinoa is tender and has soaked up all the liquid. Stir in the pineapple and cilantro.
Serves 4.

NOTES : http://www.singforyoursupperblog.com/2011/04/27/pineapple-cilantro-quinoa/

No comments:

Post a Comment