Pineapple Zucchini Bread

I've become sneaky with veggies and I am not ashamed.  I've seen how my family will gobble up quick breads with zucchini or summer squash in it, especially if it is peeled.    So I have been pulling up recipes like crazy, making 2 loaves and stashing one in the deep freeze for this winter.   I've also been freezing zucchini in 2c bags, both peeled and unpeeled   :) 


This makes a moist, delicious bread that we all enjoyed.    It doesn't really scream PINEAPPLE to me, I even increased the amount that I added to make up for omitting the nuts/raisins.    I used really good quality fresh-from-Penzey's cinnamon, and that is what I get more than anything.     Next time I will back the cinnamon off more, and maybe add some pineapple extract if I can get my hands on it.      Final verdict- very good.   Not outstanding like Carol's Cherry Vanilla Zucchini bread, but it will definitely go on the favorites list to be made again.




                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Pineapple Zucchini Bread

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  3                     eggs
  2               cups  finely shredded zucchini- I peeled it
  1                cup  vegetable oil
  1       (8-ounce) can  crushed pineapple -- drained
  2          teaspoons  vanilla extract
  3               cups  all-purpose flour
  2               cups  sugar
  2          teaspoons  baking soda
  1 1/2      teaspoons  ground cinnamon
  1           teaspoon  salt
     3/4      teaspoon  ground nutmeg
     1/2      teaspoon  baking powder
  1                cup  chopped nuts- omitted
  1                cup  raisins or currants -- optional--omitted

In a bowl, combine the eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts and raisins if desired. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350' for 50-60 mintues or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

Source:
  "Taste of Home's Recipe Card Collection (Volume 5, 2004)"

Yield:
  "2 loaves"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins