Had scheduled this Pizza Cake for April Fool's day after seeing it on the Taste of Home website but never got around to it. Decided since today was the last day of April vacation, it would be a fun thing for Jake and I to do together.
Instead of round pans we baked it in a 13x9 according to the cake mix package directions. He spread the "sauce" out using an offset spatula.
Next came the white chocolate "cheese".
Then the fruit roll up "pepperoni" rounds.
Jake said it needed "herbs"
so we sprinkled the top with 2 kinds of green sprinkles at the end.
He was very pleased with how it came out and couldn't wait to fool Daddy with his creation!
- 1 package yellow cake mix -- (18-1/4 ounces)-- and ingredients to make cake
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Red liquid or paste food coloring
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate -- grated
- 2 strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups
- Green sprinkles, if desired
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour the batter into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place each cake on a 10-in. serving platter. Combine the frosting and food coloring; spread over the top of each cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with grated chocolate for cheese.
- Unroll Fruit Roll-Ups; use a 1-1/2 in. round cutter to cut into circles for pepperoni. Arrange on cakes.
- Top with green sprinkles, if desired.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
April Fools, cake
Post a Comment