Rosemary & Thyme Spread

(originally made 6/2010)

Cooking blogs have become a huge magnet for me lately.    I've heard lots of people talk about the Pioneer Woman, but only recently went by her site.    Poking around, I found quite a few recipes on Tasty Kitchen, the cooking community associated with PW.    This was shared by ericalea, and it fit the bill for a superfast snack today.

Since I had about 2 oz of cream cheese left in a 12oz tub, I scaled the rest of the ingredients back and mixed it right in there.   Easy, fast and no bowl to clean!   This was just getting better by the minute!    Slathered it on some wheat thins, onto the plate, and had to hold Jake back with one arm while I tried to take pics with the other   LOL    I did sprinkle a little extra Rosemary and Thyme on top because my camera flash and white food do not mix and I didn't want this to be the day I finally tossed the thing through the window   :)

This would be good on just about anything.   Wrapped in a tortilla pinwheel style.  On saltines, topped with thin slices of radish.   Straight off the knife...  Uh, not that I would know that..  :)


                     
                         Rosemary & Thyme Spread

 Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  8             ounces  Cream Cheese
  1           teaspoon  Dried Rosemary
     1/2      teaspoon  Dried Thyme
     1/4      teaspoon  Garlic Powder
     1/4      teaspoon  Ground Black Pepper

Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve with crackers, toast, or crostini.

Source:
http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/rosemary-thyme-spread/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins