(originally made 8/2013)
After a week of fall like weather, summer came back today! I'd
defrosted boneless chicken breasts with the intention of making chicken
parm, but when dinner rolled around, it was too hot to run the oven.
Looking through my recipes, lots of them called for long marinating
times that I didn't have. Then I found this little gem that Rosie shared back in 2010.
no changes to this one. No lemons on hand, but luckily I've got cubes
of lemon juice that I freeze and put in ziplocs. I pulled the
tenderloins off the underside to help the breasts grill more evenly and
it made the perfect serving for Jake.
Served it up with some fresh from the farm yellow beans with honey,
kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Big thanks to Rosie :)
* Exported from MasterCook *
Simple Italian Grilled Chicken
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
OR 3 tablespoons Crisco® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 boneless -- (5 to 6 oz.) skinless chicken breasts
1. COAT grill pan with no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
COMBINE olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and
pepper in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
3. DIP chicken in olive oil mixture to coat evenly. Place
on hot grill pan. Cook 6 to 8 minutes per side until juices run clear
and thermometer reads 165° F. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
FOR OUTDOOR GRILL
1. COAT unheated grill grate with no-stick spray. Heat to medium-high (350° to 400°F.)
2. GRILL 6 to 8 minutes per side until juices run clear and thermometer reads 165° F. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.