Sunday, September 29, 2013

Strawberry Chocolate Yogurt Pops

(originally made 7/2011)

Last year I ordered some awesome Tavolo Popsicle molds through amazon.   Now I'm wishing I bought 2 sets!   So many great recipes out there, and I love being able to use in season fruit or make something to suit our mood.       This time around, I decided to use some of our local picked strawberries and make these Strawberry Chocolate Yogurt Pops.    I found them on the Lemon Drop blog via Foodgawker   :)

I had gotten yogurt on sale and had about 20 in the fridge, so I used Yoplait Light Strawberry Shortcake flavor.   Mine stayed a beautiful dark red.    I also used Nestle Mini chips since I had them on hand.     I think Jake would have drank the base straight out of the bowl if I'd let him!    Depending on how sweet your berries are you could definitely cut back the sugar.  

These really hit the spot last night!   Thank you to Linda at Lemon Drop, be sure to go check out her blog   :)



* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Strawberry Chocolate Yogurt Pops


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  3               cups  fresh chopped strawberries
     1/2           cup  fine granulated sugar
3/4 cup  plain greek yogurt -- regular or strawberry flavored yogurt-- used Yoplait Light Strawberry Shortcake
     1/2           cup  chopped dark chocolate -- -used Nestle mini chocolate chips

IN SAUCEPAN, combine sugar and strawberries.
BRING to a simmer over MED heat
REDUCE heat to LOW and let simmer and thicken for 25-30 minutes
WITH HAND HELD BLENDER, puree strawberry mixture until smooth. If you prefer seedless pops, then run mix through a sieve to remove seeds
POUR mixture into a bowl and let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour or until completely cooled
WITH SPATULA fold in yogurt and chocolate bits
POUR mixture into pop molds
PLACE in freezer fro 1/2 hr until somewhat set.
REMOVE and push pop handles into semi-frozen strawberry pops.
FREEZE 6 hours


Source:
http://lemondropsfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/05/strawberry-chocolate-yogurt-pops.html
Link to my molds- http://www.amazon.com/Tovolo-80-8003Y-Yellow-Groovy-Molds/dp/B000G32H3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309435658&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment