Got this cooling on top of the stove and I had to sneak a taste. WOW! I've never made anything with rhubarb before, but my dear FIL gave us some to try. Very, very good!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb -- thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- Vanilla ice cream -- optional
- In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in the oats. Press half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with rhubarb.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over rhubarb. Sprinkle with gelatin powder. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350' for 40-45 minutes or until rhubarb is tender and topping is golden brown. Serve with ice cream if desired. 12 servings.
Created using The Recipes Generator