Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sweet potato w/Maple Jalapeno Sour Cream

In my zeal to eat healthier I always buy a bunch of veggies, and then forget that I actually have to pair them up with meals.    Sometimes, when Jake is eating something else, I make the vegetable my entire meal   :)   Tonight was one of those nights.   I've been shifting some sweet potatoes around my kitchen for a week and since I wanted to test out my new microwave, I tossed one in and crossed my fingers.

While I was waiting, I threw together the Maple Jalapeno Sour Cream.    Next time I'll definitely make it ahead and let it chill a lot more, it melted down when it hit the warm potato, but it was still delicious!   My jalapeno wasn't that hot, so I upped the heat with the Franks.    It's such a great combination of sweet/sour, hot/cold, I really enjoyed it.     Thank you so much to Salsa for sharing the recipe!



 Sweet Potatoes with Maple Jalapeno Sour Cream



  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/2           cup  light sour cream -- or plain yogurt-- used light sour cream
  1                 T.  maple syrup
  2                 t.  jalapeno peppers -- minced
  1                 t.  fresh lime juice
                        Salt -- to taste-omitted
                        Tabasco sauce -- to taste- used Frank's red hot
  4                     sweet potatoes
                        Vegetable oil -- Didn't need, microwaved
                        Bacon bits -- omitted
                        Chopped green onions -- used chives

Mix the sour cream, maple syrup, jalapeno chiles and lime juice in a bowl.
Season with salt and Tabasco sauce and mix well. Chill until cold. Rub the sweet
potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake directly on a rack in preheated
450 oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise
and serve with maple jalapeno sour cream, bacon bits and green onions.

Serves 4
Source: Marshes to Mansions, shared by Salsa on TOHBB


NOTES : http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/p/776757/6621117.aspx#6621117

No comments:

Post a Comment