Taco burgers

(originally made 7/2011)

Next to chicken, the thing we eat most around here is ground beef.    Jake's an odd duck- he'll eat tacos til the cows come home, but he is 50/50 on eating burgers.    I thought this would be a great meal to please everyone and it really was.   I mix everything inside a ziptop bag, kneading from the outside to keep my hands clean, and I love my burger presses.     I had no cheddar cheese on hand, so I used American on theirs.   On mine, I used a dollop of salsa and sour cream.     Such a nice change from plain burgers and definitely something I'd make again.



Taco Burgers


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  1                cup  finely crushed corn chips (used fritos)
  1           envelope  taco seasoning (used mild)
  1         tablespoon  dried minced onion
  1                     egg -- lightly beaten
  1 1/2         pounds  ground beef
  6             slices  cheddar cheese (used American)
                        Sandwich buns -- split
                        Lettuce leaves (omitted)
                        Tomato slices (omitted)
                        Salsa -- optional


    In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning onion and egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Broil or grill until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
    Top each burger with a cheese slice; cook just until cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.

Taco Burgers published in Country Ground Beef , p15

Source:
  "http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Taco-Burgers"

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It's a nice change from traditional tacos, which my guys could eat every day :)

      Delete
  2. Love this idea! I'll be pinning it for later. Thanks for sharing on the National Hamburger Day Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins