I've been making this recipe since July 2011, it's a family favorite. Next to chicken, the thing we eat most around here is ground beef. Jake's an odd duck- he'll eat tacos til the cows come home, but he is 50/50 on eating burgers. I thought this would be a great meal to please everyone and it really is.
I mix everything inside a ziptop bag, kneading from the outside to keep my hands clean. I've got two sets of burger presses, square and round. They make nice uniform patties. Sometimes I use cheddar, sometimes I use pepper jack. On mine, I use a dollop of salsa and sour cream. Such a nice change from plain burgers! Thank you so much to Linda L. for sharing the recipe!
- 1 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (used mild)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 egg -- lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Sandwich buns -- split
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Salsa -- optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning onion and egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Broil or grill until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with a cheese slice; cook just until cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and salsa if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Created using The Recipes Generator
Jolene, sounds like a tasty burger!ReplyDelete
It's a nice change from traditional tacos, which my guys could eat every day :)Delete
Love this idea! I'll be pinning it for later. Thanks for sharing on the National Hamburger Day Blog Party!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for hosting!Delete
Such a fun idea, nice way to change up regular burgers.ReplyDelete
This is such a creative way to make a burger! These sound totally delicious!ReplyDelete
Great way to dress up a burger.ReplyDelete
Ooo, this sounds so good, and right up our alley. I can't wait to try it this summer!ReplyDelete
Jolene, I LOVE everything about this taco burger. Two of my favorite foods in one! I made it a feature this week at the Whimsical Wednesdays Link Party. Thanks so much for sharing with us!ReplyDelete
That is so awesome! Thank you for hosting such a great link up party :)Delete
mmm! I love tacos, and in a burger well that's a match made in heaven!ReplyDelete