Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tomato Basil Snacker~~fancy schmancy english muffin pizza :)

(originally made 7/15/2008)
Today was tomato day!  I tried 2 new recipes, one I won't actually taste til tomorrow, but this was tonight's dinner.    Even Jake ate one, and normally won't touch anything with tomatoes or "green stuff".     I don't do mayo, so I brushed mine with some olive oil, and I only buy the store brand light english muffins.       Very good, I got caught up pouring Jake's drink and let them go a few seconds too long.     If I didn't have the fresh basil I would have used a sprinkle of Penzey's Italian Herb seasoning.   I also might rub the toasted muffin with a clove of garlic next time.    :)



Tomato Basil Snackers

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  2                     English muffins -- split and toasted- used light
  2        tablespoons  fat-free mayonnaise -- used olive oil
  3                     plum tomatoes -- cut into 1/4-inch slices
  6                     fresh basil leaves -- thinly sliced
     1/8      teaspoon  pepper
     1/2           cup  shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Place English muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with mayonnaise. Top with tomatoes, basil, pepper and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Source:
  "Light & Tasty (June/July 2007)"

NOTES : Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 118 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment