Monday, September 9, 2013

Tomato Bruschetta

(originally made 8/2012)
 
On my own for lunch today, and this is what's on the menu:

I've been collecting bruschetta recipes like crazy all summer.   Yesterday I had the opportunity to eat whatever I wanted for dinner, and this easy to put together dish was my choice.

I saw the combination of flavors on the Fishly News blog and went from there.    I used ciabatta bread, cut on an angle, brushed with olive oil before toasting.    Since I only had dried basil, I combined it with the cream cheese and warmed it in the microwave to soften it.    I added the lemon juice and stirred, some of the zest might have been nice too.

My tomatoes were a combination of quartered yellow and red, and the yellow I seeded because they had unappealing greenish insides.     After both sides of the bread were toasted, I spread it with the cream cheese mixture, topped it with the tomatoes and sprinkled it with some balsamic vinegar.    I added another sprinkle of basil, but totally forgot about the salt and pepper.    

Next time, I would rub the cut sides of the bread with garlic, or add some jarred minced garlic to the cream cheese or tomato mixture.    That next time will be very soon, because this was so good, I can't wait to make it again.    LOL

Tomato Bruschetta (originally made 8/17/2012)


No comments:

Post a Comment