Buffalo Chicken Bites

(originally made 1/2013)

I was in the mood for something spicy last night and since the guys were eating pork chops, I was free to make myself a meal that I would like.   I had leftover chicken, and in looking through my recipes I found this one that I'd originally tagged to make for the Superbowl from the LaaLoosh blog.     It fit my craving, so I gave it a go.

I don't normally like warm reduced fat cream cheese, but the hot sauce in this takes away any of that funky flavor.   I halved the recipe, but still used the 1/4c of hot sauce, I like it spicy.     I meant to look for a sub for the green onions, wound up forgetting and just left it out.    I don't keep egg beaters or anything like that on hand, so I just used beaten egg whites. 


Served with a side of low fat ranch (not a fan of bleu cheese), and some celery sticks and carrot coins.   Though it's a little work, and a few dirty dishes, these were very good and I'd definitely make them again when I've got leftover chicken.      Big thanks to Laaloosh, swing by the blog, there's lots of other great recipes there to take a peek at.



 Buffalo Chicken Bites

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  8                 oz  boneless -- skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
     1/4           cup  hot sauce (more or less to taste) -- (1/4 to 1/2)
  3                 oz  fat free cream cheese -- softened-  Used 1/3 less fat
     1/3           cup  chopped green onions -- (omitted)
  2               cups  Corn Flakes cereal -- crushed
     1/2           cup  liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters) -- (used egg whites)
     1/2           cup  whole wheat flour

Read more: http://www.laaloosh.com/2012/06/20/buffalo-chicken-bites-recipe/#ixzz2J5eSI8dl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins