Though I was a fan of candy growing up, my favorite
treat of Halloween was the roasted pumpkin seeds that my mom used to
make. She used a sheet pan and the old style radiator heater and the
house would smell amazing.
pumpkin this year was loaded with seeds, and when I went searching for
methods and oven times, I found this Candied Pumpkin Seeds recipe from Taste of Home. I made my own pumpkin spice mix. Salty and crunchy and delicious, and they disappeared very quickly!
Candied Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice ( I used homemade)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Spread into a greased foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until seeds are well-glazed, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely; break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.