Chicken Club Quesadilla

(originally made

I had plans to make this for Jake and I, but meals kept getting shifted around during the week and I ended up throwing it together for Tim and I yesterday.   I did not have cooked chicken on hand, so I heated up the grill, brushed some chicken strips w/light Caesar dressing and started them cooking.    Made the bacon in the microwave and gathered the rest of my ingredients, including a nice heavy square griddle pan.   I put the griddle on the grates to warm up.  When the chicken was cooked through, I chopped it up along with the bacon.   A pat of butter onto the griddle, toss down the tortilla.  I put the cheese on the entire thing, the bacon/chicken on half and then folded it over.   When it was nice and golden brown I carefully flipped it to the other side.   I did not add the veggies or sour cream this time.

Tim and I both loved this, and I can't wait to make it for Jake.   It's fast, filling and you don't even have to heat up the house.       This was another blog find via FoodGawker, be sure to go check out her beautiful photos and other good stuff at http://3kidsandus.com/2011/from-the-garden-chicken-club-quesadillas-for-two-recipe/



 Chicken Club Quesadillas for Two Recipe



  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  2                     flour tortillas
  1                cup  pre-cooked grilled chicken strips (I grilled strips with lite caesar dressing)
  4                     bacon strips
     1/2           cup  Mexican blend cheese -- shredded
     1/4           cup  green onions -- diced
     1/2           cup  lettuce
     1/2           cup  tomatoes -- diced
     1/4           cup  sour cream
  2                TBS  fresh cilantro -- chopped
  1                TBS  butter -- divided in half

In a toaster oven, cook bacon strips on a wire rack (with a drip tray below) at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Set aside on a paper towel.
    In a medium skillet, melt 1/2 TBS butter over medium heat.
    Place a tortilla in the skillet.
    Add half the chicken to one half of the tortilla, top with half the bacon, cilantro, green onions and cheese.
    Fold tortilla in half and continue to cook each side for about 1 minute.
    Repeat for the second quesadilla.
    Add lettuce, tomato and sour cream after each quesadilla has been removed from the heat.

Source:
  "http://3kidsandus.com/2011/from-the-garden-chicken-club-quesadillas-for-two-recipe/"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins