I've been making this recipe for over 5 years now. My guys saw an advertisement from a pizza chain for a Mega Chocolate Chip Cookie and they asked if I could make one. Since I didn't have an ovenproof skillet or pizza pan at the time, I searched the web for one I could do in a cake pan. I found this recipe on That's So Yummy and it was perfect since I only had 1 egg.
This is a great fix for a chocolate chip cookie craving without making a huge batch, scooping dough and then babysitting cookie sheets! Most often I make it with semisweet chocolate chips, but sometimes I switch it up and and use some of the specialty ones that I can't seem to resist buying, like Sea Salt Caramel.
Though the directions say to cool it completely, we like ours warm, topped with a scoop of ice cream, sometimes a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 1 stick butter -- unsalted
- 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9" cake pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Cream the butter, light brown sugar and vanilla together until well combined, about 1 minute. Beat on high for another 15 seconds. Scrape down bowl and add the egg. Blend for another 30 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend on low speed, then add the chocolate chips and blend until combined.
- Scrape into the prepared pan. Flatten batter to an even layer, smoothing it out. Bake until light golden brown and puffy, about 18 to 22 mins (mine took 19).
- Cool in the pan 10 mins, run a spatula around the edge to loosen. Cool completely (around 4 hours) and then turn out onto a serving platter.
This post has been updated with new text, a printable recipe card, and an affiliate product link. I earn a small commission at no cost to you from Amazon.