Skip to main content

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

I've been making this recipe for over 5 years now.  My guys saw an advertisement from a pizza chain for a Mega Chocolate Chip Cookie and they asked if I could make one. Since I didn't have an ovenproof skillet or pizza pan at the time, I searched the web for one I could do in a cake pan.    I found this recipe on That's So Yummy and it was perfect since I only had 1 egg.

 

food, chocolate chip, cookie
 

This is a great fix for a chocolate chip cookie craving without making a huge batch, scooping dough and then babysitting cookie sheets! Most often I make it with semisweet chocolate chips, but sometimes I switch it up and and use some of the specialty ones that I can't seem to resist buying, like Sea Salt Caramel.

Though the directions say to cool it completely, we like ours warm, topped with a scoop of ice cream, sometimes a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.  

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Yield: 8
Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal

Ingredients

  • 1 stick butter -- unsalted
  • 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg

Instructions

  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9" cake pan.
  2. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Cream the butter, light brown sugar and vanilla together until well combined, about 1 minute. Beat on high for another 15 seconds. Scrape down bowl and add the egg. Blend for another 30 seconds.
  3. Add the dry ingredients and blend on low speed, then add the chocolate chips and blend until combined.
  4. Scrape into the prepared pan. Flatten batter to an even layer, smoothing it out. Bake until light golden brown and puffy, about 18 to 22 mins (mine took 19).
  5. Cool in the pan 10 mins, run a spatula around the edge to loosen. Cool completely (around 4 hours) and then turn out onto a serving platter.
Source: "http://www.thatssoyummy.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-cookie-cake/"

***************************
chocolate chips cookie cake




This post has been updated with new text, a printable recipe card, and an affiliate product link.  I earn a small commission at no cost to you from Amazon.

Comments

  1. Yummmmmmmmy! I am definitely making one soon! My family would love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for when that chocolate chip cookie craving hits! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Last time I used mint filled chips, so good!

      Delete
  2. I always crave a big cookie like this for my birthday. Normally my family purchases one for me, but now I can have them make it from scratch. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about doing one for my son's birthday too!

      Delete
  3. Ok, I totally need to make this happen - it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Back in the day I used to bake from home for extra money.  This was one of the most popular items.  Cake mix sizes have changed and if you're using the 15.75 ounce ones bake them in 8" pans. If you want to use the 9" rounds, you can also use this cake mix upsizer to make up the difference between the old and new cake mix sizes.  If the layers are too thin, you'll never be able to flip and stack them without a mess. Be sure to keep track of which pan has the pineapple rings and cherries in it and which doesn't so that you can easily turn them out onto the plate in the right order.    Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained 1/2 stick butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 8 ounce can pineapple slices 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice 1 package yellow cake mix (15.75 ounces) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the