Emeril's Popovers- great for a 1st time popover maker :)

(originally made 5/30/2008)

I wanted to surprise Tim with some hot from the oven popovers when he got home from work at 1am.   I needed a recipe that was simple and foolproof because I'm not exactly at my sharpest at that time of night   :)       I've never made popovers before, and I had to improvise using a muffin tin since I didn't have the specialty pan.     These were sooo good!      I filled all 12 muffin cups, and the popovers were huge and puffy.     Definitely will make these again!

The directions were a little vague, I used the 1/3c of softened butter to grease the tins and put the 4T melted in the batter.        :)

                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                             Popovers-Emeril

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/3      cup + 4T  melted unsalted butter
  6               eggs 
  2               cups  milk
  2               cups  flour
  1           teaspoon  salt (omitted since I only had salted butter)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease each cup of popover tin with a teaspoon of butter.  Whisk eggs until frothy.  Whisk in milk and butter.  Combine flour and salt together.  Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture and whisk well.  Pour into 10 popover cups*.  Bake for 50 minutes undisturbed.  Remove from oven and serve hot.

*Makes 12 in a muffin tin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins