Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Low Fat Chocolate Muffins

(originally made 3/18/2006)

I love the WW Double Chocolate Muffins. They are 3 points each, 4 to a package, and they are over $4 a box. Loaded with preservatives. My friend Debbie pointed out this QC recipe, and I made them last night. I thought they were really very good, although next time I probably would add some mini chocolate chips or a little hershey's syrup to the batter and suck up the extra point per muffin. Recipe makes a dozen, and only 2 points each!

We both thought 400 was way too high, I baked them at 375 for 16 mins and they were perfectly done. I used a cookie scoop to get the batter into the tins evenly.

Low-Fat Chocolate Muffins- Quick Cooking

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa * I used Hershey's
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt * I used Columbo Light Creamy Vanilla
2/3 cup fat-free milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Confectioners' sugar -- optional

In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in yogurt, milk and vanilla just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; fill two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.


Nutritional Analysis: One muffin equals 128 calories, trace fat, 1 g fiber
NOTES : 2 PPS

Source: Quick Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment