Maple Ginger Glazed Chicken

(originally made 3/2013)

Looking through my recipes for this week, I knew what I wanted- a simple, saucy chicken, served with rice.   Maple is on my mind because it's boiling time here in NH, and this recipe of Carol's was just perfect.   I cubed up my chicken breasts, dredged them in cornstarch, shook off the excess and then browned them in batches until they were golden on the outside.   I doubled the syrup mixture ingredients except for the cayenne so that there would be plenty of extra for Tim.    Since Jake historically doesn't like food like this, I expected resistance.    I got none.   Awesome.     I loved the sweet with a little heat the glaze provides, and it was a fantastic change from all the panko breaded chicken we've been eating lately.    I think this would also be amazing on pork chops.    

I served it with Cheesy Rice (Uncle Ben's 90sec pouch) to please the guys, but I'll be eating the leftovers today over some Jasmine rice   :)

Carol thank you so much for sharing this recipe!  Your name is synonymous with 'keeper recipe' in this house.



* Exported from MasterCook *

                       MAPLE-GINGER GLAZED CHICKEN



  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/4            c.  pure maple syrup (doubled)
  1              Tbsp.  lite soy sauce (doubled)
  1               tsp.  grated fresh ginger (doubled)
  2             cloves  garlic -- minced (used jarred, doubled)
     1/8          tsp.  cayenne pepper
  4                     boneless -- skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lb.)- (cubed, coated in cornstarch)
                        Salt and pepper
  1              Tbsp.  vegetable oil (used slightly more, had lots of edges to brown)
                          

Combine maple syrup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and cayenne in a small bowl; set aside.

Pat chicken dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper.

Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.  Add chicken, cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.

Reduce heat to medium-low, add syrup mixture to pan. Simmer, turning chicken once or twice to coat, until glaze is slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through, about 2-4 minutes.   4 servings.


Source: Carol1229
  "http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/845616/7247797.aspx#7247797"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins