Maple Mustard Grilled Chicken- Instant family favorite!

(originally made 4/3/2008)

Hi everyone!  I was going through a stack of recipes, and this caught my eye.    It's very similar to one of our family's favorite recipes, NancyNJ's Kielbasa Maple bites, so I knew it would be good.     :)   Simple and fast, I served it with potatoes I baked in the microwave, cut into cubes, and then tossed into a grill pan with some olive oil, salt & pepper.     I know I copied the recipe from a library book, but the title isn't anywhere on the page.  

Maple-Mustard Grilled Chicken


1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup (I used Real NH Grade A medium syrup)
2 tablespoons white vinegar (I omitted, DH hates vinegar)
4 6oz skinless chicken breast halves (I used 1lb boneless skinless chicken tenderloins)

cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/8
teaspoon salt
 
  1. Combine mustard, maple syrup, and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well; set aside.
  2. Coat chicken lightly with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper and salt.
  3. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350-400 degrees).
  4. Place chicken on rack; grill, uncovered, 15 minutes, basting often with mustard mixture.
  5. Turn chicken, and grill 15 additional minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken registers 180 degrees, basting often with mustard mixture.

Makes 4 servings
 
Per serving:
Calories 194
Fat 4.2g
Protein 25.1g
Carbohydrate 11.3g
Fiber .1g
Cholesterol 69mg
Sodium 580mg

Exchanges
3 very lean meat, 1 starch
 
WW Points per serving: 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins