New England Hot Chocolate

(originally made 10/30/2007)

First thing I saw this morning was a post by Rosie for New England Hot Chocolate. Since it's a balmy 32 degrees here in New Hampshire this morning, I ran to the cupboard to see if I had all the ingredients to make this. I halved the recipe since I didn't think Jake would drink more than a sip or 2, he's not one for warm beverages. WRONG! He drank all his and is now eyeballing mine LOL

We've enjoyed so many of Rosie's recipes over the last few years, I just can't thank her enough!



New England Hot Chocolate

1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking cocoa (I used Penzey's)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup hot water
1 tablespoon butter or margarine (I used butter)
4 cups milk
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 large marshmallows

In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir in hot
water and butter; bring to a boil. Add the milk, maple flavoring,
vanilla and 8 marshmallows. Heat through, stirring occasionally,
until marshmallows melt. Pour into four mugs and top each with a
marshmallow.

Source: Rosie, TOH
 http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/t/403068.aspx?PageIndex=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins