I got some perfect asparagus at the grocery store- I like the thin thin thin stalks :) I made this dish loosely off of a recipe from Food.com. That called for making bread crumbs, but I started with panko, and then combined it garlic, dried herbs and lemon zest.
I cut off the woody ends of the aparagus, laid it out on a sheet pan, then topped it with the crumb mixture. I roasted it for about 13 mins in the oven at 400, then tossed the broiler on for a minute or two. YUM! I even got Jake to eat a few spears. This would also be great on broccoli or to top stuffed tomatoes.
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Herb Crumbs
- 2 cups panko
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 lemon -- zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, I like the thinner stalks
- 1 3/4 oz unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese -- finely grated (omitted)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine panko, garlic, salt, thyme, rosemary, and lemon zest, set aside.
- Next, put the lemon juice in a small saucepan over a medium heat and whisk in the butter. Remove from the heat once the butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, trim the woody ends of the asparagus. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and toss to coat. Season lightly with salt and a little pepper. plate on sheet pan and top with crumbs.
- Bake for 13 to 15 mins, until the bread crumbs are toasted and the asparagus is crisp tender. Move to to serving plate, drizzle with lemon butter sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
asparagus, bread crumbs, lemon
Vegetables, side dishes
Created using The Recipes Generator